Mission and purpose: Helping patients have access to medical innovations in the Nordic Countries
This mission translates into many different projects and support:
Involvement in innovation projects, involvement in market access and policy work, involvement with PAGs, involvement with key stakeholders, involvement in leadership teams and change management to mirror the digital world around us, involvement in building capabilities, involvement in strategy work...
all in a tailored manner to support the customer and the mission.
Managing Director and Owner
Tailormade Consulting AS was started in March 2018 and I have since then successfully helped several companies in the Nordic region:
- Startup Companies and a Research projects in SPARK at UiO on commercial strategy
- Existing "Big Pharma" companies on Market Access strategy, Landscape analysis in a Therapeutic Area (incl. vaccines), Preparing for tenders, Governmental Affairs and Policy work for Gene-based therapies etc
- Driving Digital Strategy, Execution and Change Management for Nordic subsidiaries
- Helping smaller Biotech / Life Science companies new to the Nordic region incl. taking the role as acting Nordic General Manager for a specified time period.
Deliveries alone or in partnership with others ?
I do both and have established a strong network of preferred partners;
- Strategic collaboration agreement with Rud Pedersen Public Affairs.
- Preferred partners:
NordiMED for Market Research in the Nordic markets.
Wickstrøm & Langkilde (WL Pharma) and also NHTA, both based in Denmark for Nordic reimbursement submissions.
Artell Kommunikasjon and their Nordic Network for Health Communication /PR.
dt-consulting for Digital Transformations.
Link Medical for CRO help incl. needs for regulatory, compliance or quality support.
I also collaborate with other independant health advisors/consultants in other Nordic markets.
I will of course provide further details upon request.
I thrive in this variation of fascinating consulting opportunities.
Client list (since the start in 2018):
Amarin Corporation, Sarepta Therapeutics, Menarini Stemline, Gilead Nordics, Amgen Norway, Merck Norway, Novartis Norway, Pfizer Norway, Roche Norway, Boehringer Ingelheim, Norway, Corticalis AS, Galapagos Nordic, Mundipharma Norway, Santhera UK
Selected project support to other, larger consultancy companies like: CRAI, Athenum, Syneos Health, IQVIA, Fiecon.
Highlights from my CV:
I was Managing Director in MSD Norway for 4,5 years, Nordic Business Portfolio Lead for 4 years and have also worked at Global Headquarters, European Headquarters and in other Nordic roles.
Master of Science (Siviløkonom) from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) in Bergen 1990
After my business studies, I started the unusual journey of a long career within one company; Merck, Sharpe & Dohme (MSD)
- Medical sales rep for 2,5 years in Mid-Norway
- Product Manager
- Sales Manager
- Business Unit Manager and later Business Unit Director
All this in MSD Norway before
- 3 years at Merck & co Inc (MSD) global headquarter in New Jersey, USA;
European Marketing Director, CVD covering Europe, Middle East, Africa and Canada from 2001-04
- Returned as Business Director, Norway
- Nordic Marketing Director for new products
- Worked one year as European Marketing Operations Lead at the
European Regional Business Team in Munich, Germany until Nov 2009
- Managing Director (MD) MSD Norway Nov 2009 - February 2014.
Started as a MD on day one of a global merger. Hence I was leading the merger between MSD, Schering-Plough and Organon in Norway. With HR, Finance and a Local Integration committee with members of the 3 previous leadership teams, we focused on building a new culture, finding a new and modern venue for the new company, developing talents and give current talents new opportunities in a new company. We worked hard to find the right size and fit for the new company and moved fast, but respectfully with the needed down-sizing.
- Elected member of the board and later chairman of board of LMI (Norwegian Pharma association) 2010-14
- Elected member of the board and also a period as vice chair to the board of Amcham Norway (2013-present)
- Built and lead a Nordic Digital and Marketing team that secured a common digital Eco-system in MSD as Nordic & Baltic Business Portfolio Lead 2014-2018
Started Tailormade Consulting AS March 2018
Other experiences relevant for Tailormade Consulting AS
- MSD Fellow at CEDPA India (now C3), a not for profit company focusing on women rights, gender equality and sexual education, planned parenthood and reduced maternal mortality in India.
I worked 3 months for CEDPA in New Dehli and other parts of India to help build their 5 years business plan.
- I was the first managing director of the start-up "Destinasjon Vestfold" in 95-96. This is a private-public partnership to drive more tourism and business to the Vestfold region of Norway.
References will be shared upon request.
My LinkedIn profile: